Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th January 2009, 06:53 PM
windsea Offline

Why preupgrade

Personally I have update my fedora system from f8 to f9,and then f9 to f10 with preupgrade. Roughfully speaking,I succeed.But today when I use it to update to f10,I find something I do not like.

The main issue is that,when using preupgrade,it seems that it update to the original release of f10 without the updates rpms.So after I finish preupgrade,I also have to update lots of packages.

One accompanying issue is that,when somebody ,like me,update the system after one more month after f10 release,something bad will happen. Since I update f9 system all the time. When I update to f10 with preupgrade. One serious issue happen. A lot of f9 packages are newer than the corresponding f10 originally release packages.So the system is a "mixed" system.

Maybe next time I should consider update directly with yum.

Any comments?

Tags
preupgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On