Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th January 2009, 06:00 PM
daviddoria Offline

ctrl+x sometimes doesn't work?

When I am using Nautilus to move files around, I will often select files with the mouse, hit ctrl+x, then go to a different directory, and hit ctrl+v to paste. This only works about 90% of the time - the rest of the time when I go to paste, nothing happens. I'll have to go back and select those files and right click and click cut before they actually get cut.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks,

David
Old 15th January 2009, 06:05 PM
newiLuvatar Offline

i have this problem on kde with f9. if i mark some text, i sometimes have to press ctrl+x (or ctrl+c) 2 or 3 times until the text gets cut or copied...

Last edited by newiLuvatar; 15th January 2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: more info
Old 15th January 2009, 06:06 PM
daviddoria Offline

I am using gnome (F10). Is this a "known issue" or do we need to file a bug or something?
Old 15th January 2009, 09:01 PM
BandC Offline

Did you by any chance close the Nautilus window before you do your "paste"? I don't know if this is still the case (I haven't tried lately) but it used to be that if you close the program you made the "cut" or "copy" in before you do your "paste", Fedora/Linux would forget your "cut" or "copy". Very annoying because cut and paste is such a basic and important feature.
Old 15th January 2009, 09:43 PM
daviddoria Offline

Yea, maybe not closed the window, but I may have navigated to a different folder - which seems even more ridiculous that it would forget the cut....

Tags
ctrl, work