Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th January 2009, 09:57 PM
-DK- Offline

Multiple programs using audio causes freezing

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have looked all over and haven't found a thread on this yet. Please feel free to direct me to one if it exists.

So I am having some issues with the sound in FC10 as are many others. It seems that I can not run multiple programs or multiple instances of programs which are using the sound card as well.

For example, if I have Amarok playing or even paused in the background I can not then get SMPlayer to play a video in the foreground. The same is true if I have multiple videos open in Firefox, where in I have to close down any tab/window that is running which is associated to sound.

Sound plays just fine if I have only one application open which needs the sound card, but I can't seem to get it to work at all if multiple are open. I am wondering if it's related to mplayer specifically, but this was not an issue in FC8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,

DK
Old 30th January 2009, 05:06 PM
-DK- Offline

Just a bump to hopefully get a little insight on this one. It's really annoying.

Tags
audio, mplayer, sound