Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th February 2009, 04:41 PM
adrin Offline

Unhappy hsfmodem conflict with sound card

I installed newest version of hsfmodem downloaded from linuxant website. also I installed alsa-driver-linuxant. my alsa version is 1.0.19. but when I run hsfconfig and install the kernel module, sound goes away and restart does not solve the problem. but when I run hsfconfig --remove and then run modprobe snd_hda_intel sound comes instantly.

this is my modprobe.conf:
install snd-via82xx-modem /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97via
install snd-intel8x0m /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
install snd-atiixp-modem /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97ati
alias /dev/ttySHSF[0-9]* /dev/ttySHSF
alias /dev/modem /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-240 /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-240-* /dev/ttySHSF
options hsfserial serialmajor=240
alias char-major-242 hsfosspec
alias char-major-242-* hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag* /dev/hsfdiag
alias char-major-243 /dev/hsfdiag
alias char-major-243-* /dev/hsfdiag
options hsfosspec dcpmajor=242 diagmajor=243
install /dev/ttySHSF /sbin/modprobe hsfpcibasic2; /sbin/modprobe hsfpcibasic3; /sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ich; /sbin/modprobe hsfmc97via; /sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ali; /sbin/modprobe hsfmc97ati; /sbin/modprobe h
sfmc97sis; [ -e /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/hsfusbcd2.ko ] && /sbin/modprobe hsfusbcd2; /sbin/modprobe snd_hda_intel; /bin/true
alias symbol:cnxthwhda_probe hsfhda
alias symbol:cnxthwhda_resume hsfhda
alias symbol:cnxthwhda_suspend hsfhda

and this is my modules.conf:
alias /dev/ttySHSF[0-9]* /dev/ttySHSF
alias /dev/modem /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-240 /dev/ttySHSF
alias /dev/cuaHSF[0-9]* /dev/ttySHSF
alias char-major-241 /dev/ttySHSF
options hsfserial serialmajor=240 calloutmajor=241
alias char-major-242 hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag hsfosspec
alias /dev/hsfdiag* /dev/hsfdiag
alias char-major-243 /dev/hsfdiag
options hsfosspec dcpmajor=242 diagmajor=243
probeall /dev/ttySHSF hsfpcibasic2 hsfpcibasic3 hsfmc97ich hsfmc97via hsfmc97ali hsfmc97ati hsfmc97sis hsfusbcd2 snd_hda_intel

any Idea?

Thanks.
Adrin.
Old 13th February 2009, 05:23 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

Hello- Have you tried installing the hsfmodem driver without installing the alsa-driver-linuxant package?

It's been quite awhile ago since I installed and used the hsfmodem driver from Linuxant.com, but at that time it found and used my existing soundcard and drivers without any additional sound drivers.
Old 14th February 2009, 09:58 AM
adrin Offline

Yes I tried. Still no sound. Is there any more helpful information I can prepare to diagnose the problem?
Old 14th February 2009, 08:53 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

None that I can think to offer. Though the last time I looked, the tutorials and how-to's at the Linuxant.com website were pretty good. But I've no doubt you've wrenched all the help you could from that source. I presume that other than having no sound, the driver is installing and configuring OK. If so, you should see in /dev/

/dev/ttySHFS (or something similar to that... can't recall exactly)
Old 14th February 2009, 09:36 PM
adrin Offline

Yes the driver is installed correctly and works well. I can dial a server and connect to the internet. But as I said the conflict is shown here in modprobe.conf:
install snd-via82xx-modem /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97via
install snd-intel8x0m /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97ich hsfmc97sis
install snd-atiixp-modem /bin/true # temporarily disabled by hsf - conflicts with hsfmc97ati

Tags
alsa, hsfmodem