Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 20th May 2004, 09:16 AM
jusaus Offline

Connect to NFS Share on Linux Server from Linux Client using GUI, Nautilus?

I setup an nfs server on host dad and using Pork Chop's command from this thread: http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/sho...&threadid=1502
was able to mount the nfs share on a local directory on my nfs client. Below is what I typed.
[root@localhost justin]# mount dad:/mnt/smb /mnt/smb
My question is, how could I just use Nautilus to find this share? I click on RedHat, Network Servers and only Windows Network shows up?
I am only guessing, but methinks the answer may lie in Nautilus file menu -> Connect to server. However, what is the syntax? Or am I wondering in the woods?
Does Nautilus even have this functionality?
Using FC2, btw.
Tired of googling for answers, and sincerely hope that ffedoraforum.org will one day be my 1 stop shop for answers...
Thanks heaps in advance.
Old 9th December 2004, 03:17 AM
aussieaubs Offline

hey there - were you able to find a solution to this???

aussieaubs
melb-aust
Old 9th December 2004, 03:38 AM
h4d Offline

If you mounted it on /mnt/smb, just navigate to that directory using nautilus! It should show up there...
Old 9th December 2004, 04:35 AM
crackers Offline
Retired Community Manager

NFS is not a "browsable" protocol, like SMB. Just do as h4d suggests. If you want to make sure it's mounted all the time, you can add an entry to your /etc/fstab to have it mounted at boot time.
Linux User #28251 (April '93)
Professional Java Geek :cool:

Tags
client, connect, gui, linux, nautilus, nfs, server, share