Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th March 2009, 07:40 PM
sidebrnz Online

Troubleshooting soundcard/system

I'm using Fedora 10, and up until a day or two ago had no trouble with the sound. Now, if I try to play an mp3, totem goes for about two or three seconds and stops. The tests in Sound Preferences fail, but if I plug my speakers in half-way, I get a steady tone, no matter what's happening. I've also tried headphones, and got exactly nothing. Does anybody know how I can troubleshoot this and, if possible, restart the sound system without a restart?
Registered Linux user #470359 and permanently recovered BOFH.

Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Tags
soundcard or system, troubleshooting

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On