Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th March 2009, 01:01 AM
mcmackin Offline

Trying to install from rawhide boot.iso...

So, I'm trying again to install from a rawhide boot.iso as I hoped it would be close to beta. I saw the new splashscreen and thought I had it made. Nope!

What I see is nothing but errors on start-up services about not being able to open shared libraries or the libraries not able to access shared objects and lots of permission errors.

Does anyone know what might be going wrong? Essentially, the first boot just hangs after trying to start atd and then after that I need a cold boot. Then every subsequent boot gives the permissions errors.
Old 30th March 2009, 01:04 AM
Demz

i'd wait for the official beta DVD, it'll be out Tuesday American time
Old 30th March 2009, 01:23 AM
mcmackin Offline

I just hope I don't have the same problem then...
Old 30th March 2009, 01:48 AM
Demz

you shouldnt get the same problems an if you do report them to Bugzilla

Tags
bootiso, install, rawhide

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts