Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th April 2009, 03:48 AM
naishi Offline

Smile how to install g95 from g95.org on Fedora platform

Hello any friends here:

i followed the install method in the g95.org as follows.

Installation Notes
Unix (Linux/OSX/Solaris/Irix/etc.):
Open a console, and go to the directory in which you want to install g95. To download and install g95, run
the following commands:
wget -O - http://ftp.g95.org/g95-x86-linux.tgz | tar xvfz -

ln -s $PWD/g95-install/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu-g95 /usr/bin/g95

everything seemed to work fine. the g95 command in terminal prompted a "no input files" so it seemed to work. i made a quick hello program to test and i get these errors.

/tmp/cc3Ugii1.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc3Ugii1.s:11: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'

tested the hello program with gfortran and it worked fine. i googled around a little and it appears that the error have something to do with a 64 bit 32bit problem. i mean like the compiler is expecting 64 bit, but libraries are 32 bit. or somthing like that. i am semi new to this so i don't really know where to go from here.

so, please help to tell how to solve this problem! Whether it is because the library installed by Fedora doesn't meet the needs that are required by g95 ????
Any help?
Thanks so much!
Phil
Old 25th August 2009, 12:35 AM
SpuriousQ Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Well, everything works fine with Fedora 11 (32 bits) however, everytime I try to make a symbolic link the answer is bash: command not found.
help!!!

Tags
fedora, g95, g95org, install, platform