Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Old 19th April 2009, 10:45 AM
happybasten Offline

some yum errors after update to fc11

Today I use yum to update system.
Code:
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-nonfree
so I delete rpmfusion-nonfree
It works well, but another error occured.
Code:
(1/21): leonidas-backgrounds-kdm-10.93.1-1.fc11.noarch.r | 4.6 MB     04:38     
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Fedora/development/x86_64/os/Packages/leonidas-backgrounds-kdm-10.93.1-1.fc11.noarch.rpm: (-1, u'Package does not match intended download.')
How can I use yum to download it?
Thanks

PS:
my system always auto lock screen when it is in use...
why??

Last edited by happybasten; 19th April 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 19th April 2009, 12:26 PM
Demz

why did you delete rpmfusion-nonfree? did you try
Code:
yum clean all
then yum update?
Old 19th April 2009, 01:47 PM
happybasten Offline

i tried
but it doesn't work
Old 19th April 2009, 02:22 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

Known issue, should be fixed soon.

Basically, go into the various repos. You'll see a line beginning baseurl or something like that, which is commented out (by putting a # in front of it..

Either copy the file to something like <whichever>.repo.orig, or just edit the original file.

Remove that # sign from the baseurl line and put a # in front of the mirrorlist line below it. (You only need to get the first group of urls, not the ones with source or debug.

Then, once again run yum clean all, then run yum update and you should be good.

Do NOT PM forum members with requests for technical support. Ask your questions on the forum.

"I don't know why there is the constant push to break any semblance of compatibility" --anon
Old 19th April 2009, 02:45 PM
happybasten Offline

Thanks
"Package does not match intended download"
what can I do?
Old 19th April 2009, 03:55 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

This is after following the above suggestions? That is, commenting out the mirror list and uncommenting the baseurl?

Did you also run yum clean all after doing that?

Do NOT PM forum members with requests for technical support. Ask your questions on the forum.

"I don't know why there is the constant push to break any semblance of compatibility" --anon
Old 19th April 2009, 05:13 PM
Theodor009 Offline

I ma still seeing the error even after apply 'fix' mentioned above and 'yum clean all'. while the machine does update, it tries about 12-15 repos before it downloads the package. So after 2gigs of downloads for 300mb of updates I think I wait till someone figures this out before trying that again. No one minding the store on the weekends.
Old 19th April 2009, 05:30 PM
happybasten Offline

Thank you scottro.

Tags
errors, fc11, update, yum