Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 11 Only) Post Development Version comments and questions that don't belong in Bugzilla here. These posts will be moved or deleted once the Final version is released

Old 9th May 2009, 04:56 AM
chousho Offline

fstab/crypttab gurus? /home is now /media/home

After mucking about in fstab and crypttab... I come here a bitter and broken man.

During the F11 installation, I chose the custom partition setup and set my encrypted /home as /home for the new installation. However, upon logging in, a brand, spanking new /home was there, and my previous /home wasn't mounted; instead it chose to go to /media/home upon mounting.

Anybody know any helpful hints?
It's definitely not a good idea to talk about any potentially controversial subject where one or more people may potentially—but perhaps not definitely—disagree or have alternate views. The best subjects when discussing with a diversity of people should not tread into any dangerous waters that confirm people are diverse.

Strive for un-provoking discussions about a neutral topic. After all, the most palatable food is that which lacks any seasoning, spices or distinction.
So uninteresting...
Old 9th May 2009, 09:37 AM
glennzo Offline
Un-Retired Administrator

What's the question? How do I get my old /home back where it belongs?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Just a couple of old single core units
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB SATA 3.0 / 1TB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Tags
/home, crypttab, fstab