Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th May 2009, 06:03 PM
Overlord Laharl Offline

Unable to connect to WPA2 network in Fedora 11 Alpha

Hi, i'm having quite a headache of a problem here.

O currently have 2 USB WiFi adaptors: a Linksys WUSB54G v4 and a D-Link DWA-110. Both these USB adaptors worked extremely well in Windows: they could connect to any network: unsecured, WEP and WPA1/2

I have tested these adaptors in DreamLinux, OpenSUSE and Mandriva: in these 3 distributions, i could use both adaptors to connect to my home's WPA2 network.

Both adaptors also work well in Fedora 10.

In Fedora 11 Alpha though, its a different thing: only the D-Link is able to connect to the home WPA2 network. My Linksys WUSB54Gv4 can 'see' the network, but when i enter in the WPA2 key, it takes forever to try to negotiate a connection before timing out and disconnecting.

Can someone please help me over this? I would like to get my WUSB54Gv4 up and working in the F11 Alpha.
Old 9th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Dangermouse Offline
Administrator - (On Leave)

I had similar problem, to start with (wusb54g v4) but found booting with it plugged in first did the trick, however since a full update now, it works fine.
Old 9th May 2009, 07:13 PM
Overlord Laharl Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
I had similar problem, to start with (wusb54g v4) but found booting with it plugged in first did the trick, however since a full update now, it works fine.
Tried it but didnt work: it still refuses to connect to my WPA2 network even though it can 'see' it.

Any other possible solutions?
Old 9th May 2009, 07:25 PM
Dangermouse Offline
Administrator - (On Leave)

Sorry don't know, have updated?

Tags
alpha, connect, fedora, network, unable, wpa2