Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th May 2009, 12:26 PM
timcoote Offline

Preupgrade question

Hullo
I've got an f8 box that I'd like to upgrade to f10 (and maybe then f11, when it's been around a while). this is my internal home storage and toy development box. It's headless, so I prefer to use preupgrade-cli (and I'd prefer an ssh login to see what's really happening, rather than the heavily filtered fullscreen only vnc view that's currently available, but that's a different issue).

I'm testing on vmware fusion machines to get a working recipe first, which seems to work quite well.

I'm stuck at the moment because of some dependency errors, probably due to some rpm errors somewhere. for some reason nspr-4.7.2-2.fc10.i386.rpm does not get added to the rpms to install, leaving stuff like ssh(d) and rpm broken. This is easy enough to fix if I've got a console, but I haven't.

How can I coerce preupgrade to get a complete set of rpms into the upgrade process?

Another annoyance is the the preupgrade-cli process turned off sshd for the upgraded f10, which is not good for a headless device. Any suggestions on who I can make this point to?
Old 19th May 2009, 05:02 PM
timcoote Offline

work around to broken preupgrade-cli

just in case anyone's going to benefit, I was able to download the relevant nspr rpms (yumdownloader), extract the libraries (rpm2cpio) and then copy them *all* to /lib, after running preupgrade-cli, but before rebooting

I'm guessing that there's no bug list for this as f8 is no longer supported.

Tags
preupgrade, question