Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 31st May 2009, 01:23 AM
dh96 Offline

F10 no internet connection via wired except for docking station

I've been using Fedora 10 for a while now, and I *think* after I updated it stopped connecting to the internet through the wired connection.

It connects fine when connected wirelessly or when it is in a docking station, but when I plug directly in from either my switch or even straight from the cable modem there is no connection. It attempts to, but just hangs and eventually times out.

There's no issue with the modem as my windows box works fine, just fedora refuses to connect.

I've been using fedora for about a year now, but I'm still not very familiar with the command lines to diagnose what the issue is. I've restarted the network manager service, network service -- nothing.

Thanks for any help

Tags
connection, docking, f10, internet, station, wired

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules