Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th June 2009, 11:14 AM
Amrita Offline

preupgrade from fc7 to fc9

I used the preupgrade option to upgrade from fc7 to fc9. But while rebooting, it reports that it is unable to find the stage2.img file and asks to select the location where the ISO image is present. I am still able to boot in to fc7 and when i do that, the stage2.img file is seen in the boot/upgrade folder. Is some thing wrong with anaconda or is it not possible to upgrade in this manner? I would like to either upgrade it or to get rid of the upgrade option itself. Can you suggest something?
Old 9th June 2009, 11:16 AM
Demz

not a good idea to skip a release. you would of been better to download the Fedora10 DVD an do a fresh install

Tags
fc7, fc9, preupgrade

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using preupgrade to go from F 9 to F 10 sidebrnz Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 13 23rd February 2009 03:25 AM
Why preupgrade windsea Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 0 9th January 2009 06:53 PM
F9 to F10 using preupgrade ssam Alpha, Beta & Snapshots Discussions (Fedora 10 Only) 6 19th November 2008 09:42 PM
PreUpgrade Helker Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 2 24th June 2008 09:14 AM
F7 to F9 preupgrade -- What I had to do alake Installation, Upgrades and Live Media 1 26th May 2008 03:21 AM

Current GMT-time: 07:20 (Friday, 19-12-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members