Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th June 2009, 11:26 PM
Lanthus20 Offline

Question Need help installing to ps3 - thumb drive says full but completely empty

Hey i need some help, im trying to install fedora 10 to ps3. I have a few questions and a problem.

first of all when im putting it in the otheros folder on my thumb drive do I put it in its own folder or just the files in it. ex: PS3\otheros\files or PS3\otheros\Fedora10\files

secondly what version do I get and exactly what files do I put in?

third im having trouble with my thumb drive, its 8 gigs and when I try to put the fedora files on it (4.7 gigs, i downloaded ppc) it says i need to delete some files. I checked the size of it and it says it has 7.44GB left.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 9th June 2009, 11:56 PM
Lanthus20 Offline

I just tried the F10-i686-Live.iso version, i burned it to a disc using a iso burner but it didnt work.

now i got it to show 2 penguins on top and then a bunch of white text underneath. It keeps putting more text in for about a minute and then it stops. it says

kboot: _

i plugged in a keyboard and started typing several things, i havent figured it out yet. what should i type?

Last edited by Lanthus20; 10th June 2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10th June 2009, 02:53 AM
nulli_secundus Offline

Well, you would need the PPC version for the PS3.

Also, there are some other forum topics about this:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=213063

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=216157

and several links using google about earlier versions of Fedora that may help

Tags
completely, drive, installing, ps3, thumb