Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th June 2009, 01:15 PM
jonathonp Online

Smile Touchpad on asus N50VC notebook not working

Touchpad is not working with fedora 11. This is a big downer and leaves fedora in the dust. Ubuntu 9.04 does an excellent job. I hope things improve with updates.

Edit:

SOLUTION:

Code:
yum install gsynaptics synaptic
Then go to System>Preferences>Touchpad, General tab enable 'Touchpad' and in the Tapping tab enable 'Tapping' and 'Faster tapping'.

It really should have been included by default. I wonder how the developers forgot to include this essential notebook tool in the live cd?

I'm happy all is well now.

Last edited by jonathonp; 10th June 2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10th June 2009, 03:26 PM
BobNutfield Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylinux View Post
Touchpad is not working with fedora 11. This is a big downer and leaves fedora in the dust. Ubuntu 9.04 does an excellent job. I hope things improve with updates.
Just had a thread in the "general" forum about the same issue on a Toshiba laptop. In Gnome, you can enable it Preferences>Mouse>Touchpad. In KDE, see my thread in the General forum where sideways has given the solution.

Bob
Old 10th June 2009, 04:03 PM
sideways Offline
Retired User

they didn't in Gnome, it's in System->Preferences->Mouse->Touchpad even if you don't install anything

(gsynaptics is more detailled, it's in Preferences->Touchpad)
Old 10th June 2009, 04:52 PM
jonathonp Online

Fedora 11 is looking good.

Tags
asus, n50vc, notebook, touchpad, working