Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th June 2009, 03:07 PM
STEELBAS Offline

Enable touchpad tapping and circular scrolling on F11 with XFCE

Hi,

I'm trying out a number of different distributions on my Acer Aspire One at the moment, and right now I'm running F11 with XFCE.

I'm trying to enable both tap-to-click and circular scrolling, and tried using gsynaptics for this. This works, but the changes I make are not saved after a reboot. Also adding to this annoyance is the fact that gsynaptics doesn't seem to appear in the XFCE menu.

In any case, I found this thread http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=221077 , with a solution by Scrotto to enable the tap function. However, I also like to use circular scrolling on my AA1, which many will agree with me is the only sensible way of scrolling on the earlier versions of Aspire Ones.

I'm not sure how to add a string for circular scrolling to the 10-synaptics.fdi file, though. I already moved it to /etc/hal/fdi/policy , but I'm not sure what changes to make to it.. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11th June 2009, 04:57 PM
sideways Offline
Retired User

you need to run gsynaptics-init at login to enable the settings

see man gsynaptics-init
Old 17th June 2009, 03:21 AM
steveo314 Offline

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/khay...earchterm=None

Tags
circular, enable, f11, scrolling, tapping, touchpad, xfce