Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th June 2009, 03:19 AM
jackmaican Offline

White screen with compiz fc11

Hi there, i'm new to the forum so hi everyone. i have been using fc8 for over a year and never got any problems with the compiz, yesterday i installed fc11, all really good, incredible fast...

Now, when i run compiz i get a white screen, i can still c the mouse arrow, i can the cube rotate but all this with a white background.

This is a litle bit of the hardware:

sony vaio pcg-fr395ep

p4 2.60 ghz

512 ram

ati igp 340m (RS2000M)

I can see the driver installed by default with the gnome-display-config, that driver covers this range of video cards but still, for the look of it seems that i have to install the proprietary driver...

Any ideas??

Another thing, when the computer is booting up i can't see the screen as well, the first screen i see is the login screen when the x server goes up...

Cheers
Old 13th June 2009, 03:37 AM
jackmaican Offline

Another question, does anyone know if there are any drivers like the fglrx for fc11??
Old 13th June 2009, 03:54 AM
linuxlc Offline

Unhappy

I've got the same problem. I remember the fglrx for f10 was released on rpmfusion in January, thus 3 months after the f10 was release............
Old 14th July 2009, 08:03 AM
polymerique Offline

I have same problem with my SOny Vaio PCG K45 with ATI Radeon IGP 345!!

Tags
compiz, fc11, screen, white