Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th June 2009, 11:33 AM
TheSockMonster Offline

F11 Sound Issues

Hi guys

I have just upgraded from F10 to F11. Well, when I say upgraded, I actually mean cleanly installed as anaconda hung halfway through the upgrade process and killed my installation.

Anyways, I have a Vaio AR61S. I managed to get the headphone socket working on F10 with a bit of messing, but I am really struggling with F11.

I have tried everything I did last time, adding the alsa.conf file with the options line in, etc, but I just can't get it working.

I think this is actually symptomatic of a deeper rooted problem though. I can't get KMix to work either. It will open, but it does not display any of the channels, and won't let me go into the option to select the channels.

I also tried running alsamixer. It works if I just run it with no arguments, but if I run "alsamixer -c 0" as has been suggested in a few places, I get the following output..

[simon@laptop ~]$ alsamixer -c 0
ALSA lib simple_none.c:1543simple_add1) helem (MIXER,'Master Playback Switch',0,2,0) appears twice or more

alsamixer: function snd_mixer_load failed: Invalid argument

Any ideas?

Thanks

Si

Tags
f11, issues, sound