Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st August 2009, 11:46 PM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Volume keyboard shortcuts not working properly

I just installed F11 on my new laptop (Acer Timeline 3810T) and I have the following issue when adjusting volume. The keyboard shortcuts work, but they don't raise/lower the volume smoothly, instead they do it in 4 or 5 increments total. What's weird is that the notification that appears in the screen when I adjust the volume (the whitish square with a picture of a speaker, I think it's part of Compiz) shows the the volume changing in small increments, but when I get to the 3rd or 4th little increment from the right the volume is already muted. If I look at the alsa volume controls at the same time, I see it changing by the 4 or 5 big increments... Any ideas?
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:00 AM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I found some threads and this very probably has to do with pulseaudio, which is what the new volume control applet controls. There are several bugs filed with issues about the volume control, though none with this exact issue.
Old 3rd August 2009, 01:58 PM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Pulseaudio makes my volume keyboard shortcuts not work properly

Still no luck. I tried following the guide in http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=225660, but it doesn't address this issue. So I'm wondering whether I should just remove pulseaudio completely to solve this and wait for F12 to see if pulseaudio finally works for me. By the way, I don't have this issue in Ubuntu 9.04...

Tags
keyboard, properly, shortcuts, volume, working