Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 6th August 2009, 12:51 AM
jbhardman Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Unplugging external monitor not detected

I have an nvidia card with the driver installed. The external twinview works just fine. I have the external monitor as the default. Meaning my menu and bars are on that monitor and my laptop screen just has windows I put on there.

When I unplug the monitor, I would really like it to recognize that and switch me back to single monitor mode. That doesn't happen. When I unplug the monitor, I just can't see any of the menus or panels because it thinks they are on the other screen.

Is there anyway to fix this?
Old 8th August 2009, 01:50 AM
MuadNu Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Maybe it's not a fix, but it's what I used to do... Simply run nvidia-settings (I believe that's the command) which you can install from the repos, and I guess you already might have. Then disable the external monitor before unplugging.

Tags
detected, external, monitor, unplugging

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules