Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th September 2009, 11:33 PM
sidebrnz Online

linuxfedorafirefox
gnome-screensaver

One of my computers is a laptop, running F 11. I have the classic xscreensaver installed, with all the extras I can, to get as many random screensavers as possible. Alas, some of them won't install unless I alsohave gnome-screensaver as a dependency. Now, every time I boot, I have to go into the screensaver preferences and have xscreensaver turn off gnome-screensaver so that it can work. I don't have it enabled, and I've checked several times with the gnome configuration editor, and it confirms that it's disabled, but it keeps getting in the way. Does anybody here know how to keep it from interfering with xscreensaver?
Registered Linux user #470359 and permanently recovered BOFH.

Any advice in this post is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Tags
gnomescreensaver

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On