Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th September 2009, 02:12 PM
rg_linux1 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Unhappy Music CD not detected by Rhythmbox Music Player on Fedora 11

I have seen one related thread on this topic but I believe it is necessary that I create a new one such that this important problem will be addressed hopefully in an upcoming upgrade soon. After a fresh install of Fedora Core 11, the situation is that when I insert a music CD in the DVD/CD drive nothing happen i.e. Rhythmbox Music Player does not start and recognized the CD to be a music CD as it used to do under Fedora Core 10. The DVD/CD work fine because I used it to do the fresh install of Fedora Core 11 and the Audi CD Extractor sees very well the music CD and can perform its function. I tried and it worked fine.

Reading a CD music automatically using the CD/DVD drive is a very basic function of a computer under any O/S and it is surprising that Fedora Core 11 is not able to do that as it used to do with Fedora Core 8,9 and 10! On the other tread there is a suggestion to downgrade some software elements to make it work. While this is a valuable suggestion I would further suggest that the Fedora users community want to use the most advanced version of all the software elements of Fedora Core 11 and a fundamental fix to the above problem is the best path forward to achieve that goal.

I sincerely hope this bug will be fixed very soon.
Old 27th September 2009, 04:50 PM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxmozilla
Honestly speaking, this is a user forum, which is seldomly frequented by developers. You should raise your issue with Fedora through a Bug and Feature request:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
Old 27th September 2009, 06:30 PM
rg_linux1 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Smile

OK thank you for the informative reply. I will do exactly that
Old 27th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Dangermouse Offline
Administrator - (On Leave)

linuxfedorafirefox
The fix i use is below
Quote: