Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st October 2009, 04:01 PM
perazim Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
livecd-creator problems in f-12-beta

livecd-creator problems in f-12-beta

I have been unable to get a livecd-creator generated iso to boot either with qemu or by burning a cd or by using liveusb creator. I get the initial countdown startup screen and then a blank screen (or sometimes a dump). When I run liveusb-creator, it tells me the checksum fails at 33% and stops.

My build environment is f-12-beta with updates applied from the rawhide repository.

I have noticed that there are no references to f-12 in the cfg files in spin-kickstarts so maybe this was just copied from the f-11 release without adjustments.

I also remember that there was some confusion caused earlier by the sha1 checksum algorithm being changed to sha256. Perhaps not everything was updated.

Finally, what version of liveusb-creator is being used to create the f-12-beta-LIVE disks? They don't work either.

Any ideas?

Perazim
Old 21st October 2009, 06:27 PM
Deonis Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I just did a same thing with fedora 12 Beta and it works like expected. I would say your problem is an iso image. Try to download another one (check your architecture)
Old 21st October 2009, 08:49 PM
perazim Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonis View Post
I just did a same thing with fedora 12 Beta and it works like expected. I would say your problem is an iso image. Try to download another one (check your architecture)
Finally, what version of liveusb-creator is being used to create the f-12-beta-LIVE disks? They don't work either.

As you expected this last item seems to be caused by a corrupted downloaded iso and has been resolved.

All the other issues remain though. I ran checkisomd5 program against the iso I created with livecd-creator and it did fail. I still suspect there is something amiss in the checksum routine.

Thanks,

Perazim

Tags
f12beta, livecdcreator, problems