Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th October 2009, 07:44 AM
ReaperLove Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
SunStudio CC Compiler Error

Ok, I managed to figure out how to issue out the CC compiler command by issuing a symalink to the usr/bin I have now have this problem when I try to compile any C++ code I recieve this error

"/usr/include/stdio.h", line 485: Error: "(" expected instead of "__attribute__".

I went on the sun forums and they dont or give a solution due to Fedora not being test when developing this tool, so I was wonder if I could run into someone who has a solution to this problem

This is my last road block so I can fully finish my programming assignment Thanks!
Old 27th October 2009, 09:36 AM
markkuk Offline

linuxfirefox
__attribute__ is a GCC-specific extension to C and C++ language syntax. If you must use some other compiler than GCC, then you need to install header files and libraries suitable for use with that compiler. Didn't the SunStudio compiler include the necessary standard headers?
Old 27th October 2009, 03:34 PM
ReaperLove Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
not that i know of

Tags
compiler, error, sunstudio