Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th December 2009, 12:24 AM
ozjd Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br3nn0s View Post
Is there any possibility to use a Huawei E1692 on fc9? Can u help me please? Thank u.
Best way to find out is to try it. My E169 worked on F9. However there has been a lot of improvement in NetworkManager since F9 went "End of Life " so updating to a new version may work where older versions don't.
Old 8th December 2009, 09:34 AM
Br3nn0s Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjd View Post
Best way to find out is to try it. My E169 worked on F9. However there has been a lot of improvement in NetworkManager since F9 went "End of Life " so updating to a new version may work where older versions don't.
fc9 reads the huawey e1692 as a pen drive, and not as a modem. I dislike to improve the kernel, 'cause i'm working on the notebook and i have no time to install again everything.
Is there another choise to constrain fc9 reading the huawei modem? Thanks
Old 8th December 2009, 10:02 AM
renowijoyo Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
this is probably not a problem with device driver rather how to configure a connection profile.
I'm trying to use huawei e1550 USB modem to connect to my provider's GPRS network. on FC10 I need the usb_modeswitch to recognize the device. no such problem with FC12.

when using wvdial I have to manually add the name servers into /etc/resolv.conf which is very un-elegant, but it works.

my problem is using networkmanager I can connect to network but can only ping by IP address. no name resolution whatsoever. I'm not a linux newbie, but for networking I usually took them for granted so I've very little experience with network configuration scripts. how can I connect to mobiledata using networkmanager? if not how can I do it with wvdial elegantly?
Old 4th January 2010, 05:36 AM
stevenjd13 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Is there any possibility to use a Huawei E1692 on fc9? Can u help me please? Thank u.
Well if I remember that the modem is supported by the kernel

run dmesg. and see if modem ports are set up.

they should be /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/ttyUSB1 /dev/ttyUSB3

You should now be able to use

system-config-network to configure the modem manually.

for some details of how to do it see my instructions for bluetooth modems (now obsolete)

http://www.sjdsoft.hk/Linux/BluetoothModem/index.html

just scroll to the "Set up Dial up Networking."

Please ask if you need more help

Steven
Old 5th January 2010, 03:19 AM
stevenjd13 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Most Huawai Devices are supported by the kernel.

Did you try USB_ModeSwitch

This utility is supposed to remove the CD rom and storage part of the device.

Also please note Huawai Devices should have the latest firmware. Check with your provider to ensure you have the latest.
Old 31st October 2010, 07:38 AM
Concrete Gannet Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora11 - Huawei E169 USB modem not recognized

I've had similar problems with my Huawei E160E and NetworkManager 0.8. The fix was to upgrade the ppp package to 2.4.5. See the report at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=592444

Tags
e169, fedora11, huawei, modem, recognized, usb