Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th December 2009, 03:54 PM
Jongi Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
[Solved] Lost Java in FF

My firefox install seems to have lost the ability to see Java websites. I have java installed

Code:
yum list | grep java | grep @
java-1.5.0-gcj.x86_64                1.5.0.0-29.fc12              @fedora       
java-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64            1:1.6.0.0-33.b16.fc12        @updates      
java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel.x86_64      1:1.6.0.0-33.b16.fc12        @updates      
java_cup.x86_64                      1:0.10k-3                    @fedora       
javahelp2.noarch                     2.0.05-8.fc12                @fedora       
tzdata-java.noarch                   2009o-2.fc12                 @fedora
It had been previously working. What am I missing. I seem to remember there being a need to change a setting to tell Fedora which Java to use. Might this be it? Which would be strange given that I had not manually done such a change.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml reports:

Code:
    If your applet is not displaying properly, please check these additional configurations.

1. Enable Java through your Web browser
   2. Enable Java through the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
   3. Clearing your Web Browser Cache 

If you are unable to perform any of the steps above due to an error, please reinstall Java. Download and installation instructions
EDIT: noticed the plugin wasn't installed. installed that and it still gave issues. In the end decided to go the Sun Java route - http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mj...-f12.html#java

Last edited by Jongi; 20th December 2009 at 05:57 PM.

Tags
firefox, java