Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:13 PM
RobLikesBrunch Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Network Manager doesn't detect my WiFi card.

Hello,

I just installed x64 Fedora, and as the title says, NM fails to detect my WiFi card. It's an Encore ENLWI-N with a RaLink RT2800 chipset. The card does show up when I run lspci, although iwconfig yields nothing.

Not sure if this helps, but when I was running Karmic Koala, Ubuntu detected the card immediately and required no configuration.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the card functioning? Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:29 PM
rhricik Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
I'm sort of a newbie myself, but if you search the repository on 'ralink', there are a bunch of akmod-rt28xx firmware drivers for the rt-28xx series of cards.

You might have to install those before the card gets noticed (that would be my guess, since lspci is picking up the card already). I have the same problem with my Broadcom wireless until I load b43 or pull down the wl-broadcom package and install it.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:07 AM
RobLikesBrunch Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhricik View Post
I'm sort of a newbie myself, but if you search the repository on 'ralink', there are a bunch of akmod-rt28xx firmware drivers for the rt-28xx series of cards.

You might have to install those before the card gets noticed (that would be my guess, since lspci is picking up the card already). I have the same problem with my Broadcom wireless until I load b43 or pull down the wl-broadcom package and install it.
I found a different driver called rt2860 in the rpmfusion repo, and it solved the problem instantly.

Tags
encore enlwi-n, rt2800, wifi, x64