Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th January 2010, 12:22 AM
BurningFool Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Changing the drive /home mounts to

So here is the story:

I built me a shiny new computer and decided that I wanted to do some gaming on it but still wanted to use Fedora as my primary operating system. Through my college I got a free copy of Windows 7 and set up my dual boot. On /dev/sda I have 100gb for windows and a 100gb set aside for root, boot and all that stuff. Then through LVM I created a logical volume composed of the remainder of sda and the entirety of sdb and mounted /home to that in the installer (which is where I'll be keeping my media). Later on it dawned on me that I wanted windows to be able to get at that stuff too.

I need a way to get /home to mount to the same partition as / so I can lvremove the logical volume and format the remaining two drives (/dev/sda7 and /dev/sdb(1)) into something both Win7 and Fedora can get at. I don't have much experience mucking about with fstab, and thus I beg upon the community to help me find a solution.

PS. As I'm writing it, it occurs to me that I could lvremove the logical volume, mount sda7 as home and then just keep sdb as open storage. Could that work? How would I go about doing it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Tags
changing, drive, mounts, or home