Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st February 2010, 03:00 AM
Bad2theBone Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Custom page setups in gimp

From Gimp if I go to Page Setup and then select manage custom sizes from the page selection drop down, I can create the new page but I cannot change the name from the default of "Custom Page #". I can however go through the above steps in Firefox and that will allow me to change the name of the custom page, which will then show up in Gimp under the new name. Is this a SELinux thing? I haven't been able to find any errors anywhere.
AMD Phenom II 965 64 X4, MSI 890FXA-GD70 16 GB (4x4GB) 1600 DDR3 RAM Corsair, Video = AMD HD5770 w/1GB VRAM, SATAIII HDD 1 = 640GB, SATAIII HDD 2 = 1.0TB, SATAII HDD 3 = 1.0TB, SATAIII HDD 4 = 1.0TB, SATA 7 = ASUS DVD/CD, SATA 8 = Panasonic BD/DVD/CD RAM, Corsair HX850W, CoolMaster ATCS840 OS = Fedora 20
Old 1st February 2010, 02:25 PM
PatMcLJr Offline

linuxfedoramozilla
how do you get gimp to load an html document?

I know you can view various bitmap graphics and svg with firefox but haven't seen any plugin that will let you edit one?

what did you want to do with gimp?

Pat Jr.
Pat Jr.
Old 1st February 2010, 09:17 PM
Bad2theBone Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
No I'm not loading an html document into Gimp. What I was trying to do was create a custom page size in Gimp. By going to File->Page Setup... that bring up the dialog to allow selection of predifined page sizes and whether it's portait or landscape. The default (at least in USA) is US Letter (8.5" x 11.0"). If you click on the drop down you'll see all of the predifined sizes as well as the option to maintain customized sizes. If you select that option another dialog pops up listing any customized forms, which in my case did not have any so it automatically goes to add a new definition. The default name for this is Customized Page #, giving the next number available in this case 1. I can create the definition, but it won't let me change the name of it from the default name. What I was saying is that I went to Firefox and went through the same, and saw that the customized page that I created existed with the default name. I was then able to change the name for it to something more meaningful, which I can't from Gimp. So I'm under the impression that it's a common file(s) for all apps accessing page-setup. Why can one app create the page with the name whereas another app can only create the page and not the name of it?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM CST ----------

Additional Info:

When you create a custom page format under page setup it creates a file in your home directory called
".gtk-custom-papers". The file contains:

[Paper0]
Name={name you want to call it}
DisplayName={See above}
Width=135.38200000000001
Height=101.59999999999999
MarginTop=3.1749999999999998
MarginBottom=12.699999999999999
MarginLeft=6.3499999999999996
MarginRight=6.3499999999999996
Orientation=portrait

This to me does not make sense. What is preventing me of naming the page setup in Gimp but not in Firefox. I'm doing in both the same exact way, no deviation. What is baffling me is that it's the same file essentially containing all info, not like several files breaking up the info so the name you create is in one file and the specs for the page in a different file with different permissions. The SELinux info for the file is: "unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0" The SELinux for both the binary to start Gimp and the script to start Firefox is: "system_u:object_r:bin_t::s0", so I don't see the difference unless if some call made in Gimp changes things... I might try a relabel to see if that fixes it, otherwise I haven't a clue and might just file a bug report.

The relabelling at reboot did not change anything, created bug report: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=560863

Does anyone else see this?
AMD Phenom II 965 64 X4, MSI 890FXA-GD70 16 GB (4x4GB) 1600 DDR3 RAM Corsair, Video = AMD HD5770 w/1GB VRAM, SATAIII HDD 1 = 640GB, SATAIII HDD 2 = 1.0TB, SATAII HDD 3 = 1.0TB, SATAIII HDD 4 = 1.0TB, SATA 7 = ASUS DVD/CD, SATA 8 = Panasonic BD/DVD/CD RAM, Corsair HX850W, CoolMaster ATCS840 OS = Fedora 20

Last edited by Bad2theBone; 2nd February 2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Tags
custom, gimp, page, setups