Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:58 AM
JohnH8 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
vpnc to cisco network

Hi folks could use some help.

In fc10 & fc11 everything worked well with vpnc.

With fc12 vpnc starts allows me to connect to my work site then everything works fine til I try and start a remote desktop connections to a windows client use tsclient. All I get is a blackscreen and my laptop is hung.

At work without the vpnc it works fine if I start the vpnc from nm it performs the exact same way and I get the blackscreen.

I have disable selinux
I also disabled the firewall

there was another gentlemen on here with the same issue.

The only way out is a hard reboot and there are no messages in the logs that say there were any problems.

I really need this to work and help debugging it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:34 AM

linuxfedorafirefox
yuk, it makes me sick thinking of it, I totally rely on network-manger and my pcf supplied my by network admin, outside of tcp tunneling support, its been robust with any app I've used every day from F9->F12. I'd suggest not mucking with the cli and go to network manager and also talk to your network admin about whether they've used fedora to connect, maybe an issue in your pcf file. (unless you're setting some type of Lan to Lan bridge mode, good luck there) if its simple client connect do above.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:31 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxopera
Have you tried using rdesktop instead of tsclient? (Untested solution.)

Syntax is simply

rdesktop -u <username> <servername>
Old 5th February 2010, 01:59 AM
JohnH8 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Well that works to a point but after a bit of time rdesktop freezes.
Thanks for the suggestion it is a start now just need to figure why rdesktop freezes.

Tags
cisco, network, vpnc