Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th March 2010, 10:31 AM
theresonant Offline

linuxopera
How to restart the DBus daemon?

Hello,

I'm having a strange experience with the DBus daemon: sometimes, the CPU usage goes up to a constant 80% on my Intel Core Duo @ 2 GHz, and stays that way. Now, when I run, the processes listed there have a usage that sums up to about 10-12%, but the overall usage is listed as around 80%. I also noticed that killing dbus-daemon returns the usage to normal, but without the daemon, a lot of the functionality is lost.

So, that's why I'm asking, how can I restart the DBus daemon in Fedora 12? The only way to bring back things to normal so far (and not losing dbus) is to restart the system. Even better, does anyone now anything related to this? I'd also like to now if there is a way to monitor the output of the daemon?

Using Fedora 12, with KDE 4.4.1.

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2012, 08:44 AM
jasondrew Offline

macosfirefox
Re: How to restart the DBus daemon?

See this:

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-daemon.1.html

Or, shorter answer: "service messagebus restart" worked for me. Hope that helps.

Tags
daemon, dbus, restart

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search