Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th March 2010, 02:54 PM
fsandro Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Wink no bluetooth adapter present - fedora12

hi , I have bluetooth on my toshiba laptop and using gnome system>preference>bluetooth it show this message : no bluetooth adapter present fedora12. what do I have to install or set to use bluetooth. Three days ago I installed fedora 12 on my laptop. Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 01:21 AM
ozjd Offline

linuxsafari
Re: no bluetooth adapter present - fedora12

A couple of things to check will be that the bluetooth is not disabled either in bios or by a switch.

If they are ok then check in Services that the bluetooth service is running.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:02 AM
fsandro Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Re: no bluetooth adapter present - fedora12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjd View Post
A couple of things to check will be that the bluetooth is not disabled either in bios or by a switch.

If they are ok then check in Services that the bluetooth service is running.

Answer

thanks, for your tips and sure I will check in bios,( now I'm working and I don't have my laptop with me ) but about the switch where do I have to check??

I remember maybe after installation when the first time I saw desktop the icon of bluetooth was next to time clock, so I'm thinking that maybe with some other installation I damage something like bluetooth.

Main problem after installation was server x freez and I solved it installing system-config-display and changing parameter to kernel erasing rhgb quiet and writing nomodeset.

And more, there's nothing about bluetooth using lsusb or lspci.

Sorry I'm newbie in forums too. I checked in bios but I don't have any switch in bios, either for bluetooth or wlan. On service bluetooth is enabled from runlevel 2 to 5.

Tags
adapter, bluetooth, fedora12, present