Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2010, 08:25 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
HP Deskjet F4180 - Updates cause print failure

Using an HP multi-function printer (scanner/copier/fax). All was fine until April 3rd when the updates (hplip, hplip-libs, hpijs, hplip-common) causes print failures. The report of the failure reads: '/usr/lib/cups/filter/hpcups failed'. Hmmmmm...

So, okay, worked before, right? Lets try downgrade! Ah...(see attached), yep that got it running again...except.... now the scanner's borked. Removing libsane-hpaio has caused Sane to report that no scanner is present. So, anyone have a good option to try or is it the Bugzilla waiting game?

Edit: AHA! Nothing causes the braincells to regenerate more than making a complete jackass of yourself with a post. And my problem was "solved" by simply grabbing the libsane-hpaio-3.9.8-21.fc12.i686.rpm from one of the mirrors out of the original installation packages for F12. A quick install and Sane/my scanner is again working. Yeah, I should probably still file a bugzilla, but it looks like I'm the only one with this glitch so no urgency.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hp-problem.txt (3.7 KB, 87 views)
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Closed Thread