Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th April 2010, 12:48 AM
taytong888 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Question Which repositories to use for FC13 Beta?

Hello,

I am using FC13 Beta, kernel 2.6.33.2-41.fc13. In yum extender nextgen, I saw a number of repositories but I am unclear as to which one to use regarding RPM FUSION. There are rpm fusion free & nonfree, rpm fusion free updates testing and rpm fusion nonfree updates testing, etc. Could you tell me which are the ones I should be using?

The reason I am asking is that I have problem updating 388 available updates.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 20th April 2010, 01:41 AM
dd_wizard Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Which repositories to use for FC13 Beta?

Hi taytong888,

These are the repos I'm using for F13. It looks like RPMFusion transitioned to release and updates repos on the 17 of this month. They had been rawhide prior to that.
Code:
[gene@Mobile-PC kernel]$ yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves, show-leaves,
              : verify
repo id                            repo name                                             status
fedora                             Fedora 13 - x86_64                                    20621+2
flash                              flash                                                       1
rpmfusion-free                     RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free                             0
rpmfusion-free-updates             RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Updates                 474
rpmfusion-nonfree                  RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree                          0
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates          RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Updates              157
updates-testing                    Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Test Updates                        1489
repolist: 22742
The flash repo is where Leigh keeps the 64 bit flash rpms.

dd_wizard
Old 20th April 2010, 01:56 AM
CiaW Offline

linuxfirefox

dd_wizard's response was much better than the one I had. Mine was going to be (somewhat tongue-in-cheek but not really...) 'whichever ones work' ! Though as noted, it looks like they did update over the weekend, before that I kept getting errors so I had to temp. disable them to update from the fedora updates-testing.

This is the first time the alpha / beta for a release has branched off from the 'rawhide' repo prior to the final release, so it looks like they're still working out some of the details.
Old 22nd April 2010, 04:38 PM
tracubo Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

hi all and sorry for the OT, but...

what is the fastestmirror, remove-with-leaves, show-leaves, verify plugins? what they do? are they useful? how can i get it?

and what about this flash repository?

thanks in advance
Nico
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:02 PM
dd_wizard Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

The fastestmirror plugin downloads from the fastest mirror it can find, so it speeds up downloads. The leaves plugins show and/or delete new leaves when you uninstall a package. Say package C needs packages A and B, but no other packages on your system need A or B. You can safely erase A and B after you erase C. Type "yum info yum-plugin-*" without the quotes for a list of available plugins. You install them with yum, just like any other package.

The flash repo is where leigh123linux keeps the rpms for the current 64 bit flash plugin. If you are running 64 bit Fedora, see this thread for more information.

dd_wizard

Tags
fc13 beta, rpm fusion, updates