Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th May 2010, 04:37 AM
paulga Offline

windows_vistafirefox
How to install multiple systems ...

so I get my t410 today. the hdd is 250g with three primary partitions:
1) 1.17g 2) 221g win7os and 3) recovery 9.7g.
I plan to install a windows vista, opensuse 11.2 and fedora 12.
How can I do that? I know first to shrink the partition to make room. but i still don't know exactly. say, i shrink win7os partition to 40g and create an extended partition of 221-40 =181g, and then add partiton /boot, /swap, /home, /... and a number of partitons for vista and a number of similar partitions for fedora. But I doubt I wouldn't be able to install vista when opensuse installation is done..
there'd be a way to do it. but considering there're already three parimary partitoins, it looks a bit tricky
Old 8th May 2010, 07:39 AM
CSchwangler Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: How to install multiple systems ...

It may be easier to use virtualization software such as VirtualBox. You wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of partitioning and getting triple boot to work and you could have as many virtual machines as you want. VirtualBox runs fine under Win7.

Tags
install, multiple, systems