Kernel Source : SRC
or visit: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...nt/i386/SRPMS/
(Remember, this HowTO is a guide and may not work for everyone.. Corrections are always welcomed!)
Here's my little HowTO on re-compiling the Kernel...
1) Download the file kernel-2.6.9-x.xxxx.src.rpm [LINK Here]
2) Open up a terminal and cd to where you have downloaded the rpm.
3) Issue the command rpm -i -vv kernel-2.6.9-x.xxx.src.rpm (the -vv option gives lots of information of what rpm is doing)
4) cd into /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
5) Issue the command rpmbuild -bp -vv --target=ixxx kernel-2.6.spec (Display the ARCH by using the command uname -a)
6) Next go into /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9/linux-2.6.9
7) Once there, issue the command make mrproper
to remove any old modules
8) Then issue the command make xconfig
to customize your Kernel
9) SAVE your customization and issue the command make modules (which will take sometime to complete)
10) After completion, issue the command make modules_install install
11) The final command is make bzImage
, that should install the Kernel, reboot to make sure it is working.
** You can always boot with the old Kernel if the NEW doesn't work .