Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2010, 06:51 PM
NitroQuad Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Odd happenings with VLC and live radio streaming.

I really don't know if this question or issue has come up before, if it has please excuse me but, direct me to the correct feed.

I am running Fedora 13 on a Siemens Amilo XA 3530 laptop. All is well with the installation not ugly issues.

My oddity comes when I'm trying to stream live radio or TV. I am using VLC media player to stream this content now, it does work but poorly. I have no option than to connect to my ISP via the wifi connection. I have the Allow Real time priority enabled and the HTTP cache set to around 5000ms but, VLC cannot keep up with playing the feed. Now if I open KTorrent and set that to download stuff, VLC will actually lock on and play the content with almost no outages. So, with that said it seems that VLC cannot stream live content unless I have KTorrent running.

Any help would be great.

Tags
happenings, live, odd, radio, streaming, vlc

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search