Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th September 2010, 12:52 AM
Masterofpsi Offline

linuxchrome
Constant gstreamer crashes

Hi, all. For the past few months, I've had a number of problems with gstreamer. Empathy, rhythmbox, and totem have all crashed on me at various points. I've filed bug reports for all these problems (here, here, and here) not really looking into the crashes in detail and thus not realizing that they all came from gstreamer.

Last night, I was looking into the Empathy crash (the most bothersome to me -- crashes whenever I try to start a video chat), and I realized that all of the crashes come from the orc package -- in fact, they all come from the same function: orc_x86_emit_push. Thinking that maybe I had a defective orc somehow, I uninstalled it, cleared the package cache, and reinstalled it, but that changed nothing.

So my question is, am I the only one with this problem? Is this a known defect in Fedora's orc package? Because it's really hindering me from getting things done. I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me fix this.

Tags
empathy, gstreamer, orc, rhythmbox, totem

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search