Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th October 2004, 04:42 PM
Tolstyi Offline

Question WLAN Card is up but no internet connection

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I installed ndiswapper and got my card to activate. Both lights are on, and iwconfig shows that it is communicating with the router. BUT, when I try to go on line, nothing happens. Any idea what I might be missing? Thanks
Old 20th October 2004, 05:34 PM
Artemis Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstyi
Sorry if this has already been discussed. I installed ndiswapper and got my card to activate. Both lights are on, and iwconfig shows that it is communicating with the router. BUT, when I try to go on line, nothing happens. Any idea what I might be missing? Thanks
Try ping your router, if all went fine then check /etc/resolv.conf if dns propably configured.
Hopefully there's a line telling: nameserver <IP-adres wireless modem>

Maybe this thread is interesting for you as well:
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23430
"Lead the troops into battle like a monkey into space, your unneeded wars will be the death of our race. Not black, not white, no single ethnicity, I mean the death of the race called humanity..." Linux user 372264

Everybody is free to add me on msn or yahoo.

Tags
card, connection, internet, wlan