Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st February 2011, 03:37 AM
Dzenhax Offline

linuxchrome
Question No sound from speakers, but headphones work

Hi Folks,

I'm running FC 14 on an Alienware m15x-R1. It's an older one that they made before Dell bought them out.

My problem is that the internal speakers don't work, but if I plug a headset in to the audio jack, it works fine.

lspci tells me I have an audio device Intel Corp HD Audio Controller, which may or may not be helpful. I booted it up with an Ubuntu live CD just to make sure it was the hardware, and I get the same results.

Any Ideas?
Old 1st February 2011, 05:26 AM
ozjd Offline

linuxchrome
Re: No sound from speakers, but headphones work

Welcome to the forums. There are many threads on this.

Look at the settings in alsamixer -c0 for any muted outputs.
also in the Pulseaudio Volume Control (yum install pavucontrol if you don't have it) and check the correct output is selected and nothing is muted.

Tags
audio controller, sound card

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On