Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 5th November 2004, 02:33 AM
bigfootnmd Offline

NEWBIE needs to modify path i

Hi,
Yes I am not ashamed to admit that I am a newbie. I have searched the forums for example of how to modify the PATH set in my .bash_profile. The reason why I want to add a new path to my path is because of FIREFOX. I downloaded FIREFOX and I am trying to set up my plugins. According to the MOZILLA plugin doc in order to use Acrobat I have to have nppdf.so in the plugin directory of Firefox (easy step) and I must have acrobat in my path. I know that you are supposed to seperate path variables with a colon. Anyway, I want to add the path /usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux/ to my path.
I am getting no where fast.

I do have all my plugins setup in Opera. However, I do want to set them up in FIREFOX. I just need some help.
THANKS
Old 5th November 2004, 03:58 AM
Dog-One Offline

Okay, so if you edit your .bash_profile, you should find a line
Code:
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
Change it to look like
Code:
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/Acrobat5/Browsers/intellinux
and save it. At your next login, the changes will take effect.
Refresh yourself with the Posting Guidelines........Frequently Asked Questions........Registered Linux User #369513

Tags
modify, newbie, path