Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:56 AM
twohot Offline

linuxfirefox
Scared to Update Nvidia Blob

I used to depend on Leigh's guides to install nvidia blobs now I don't see one for rawhide any more. I'm considering an update to the newest kernel on the Fedora Repos and I'm not sure how that will workout with the installed drivers.

Yum is not listing anything 'nvidia' for upgrades so I'm scared to issue a go-ahead. It lists kmod-nvidia.xxx.xxx as installed and I believe it was akmod-nvidia.xxx when I did the installation (followed Leigh as usual). Everything is running fine for now, except nautilus (trying to fry my CPU with 98-100% utilization). I'm wondering if a kernel update will help nautilus but I'm equally concerned about nvidia drivers as I'm not in the mood to troubleshoot. Any foresight is highly appreciated

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Nothing to worry about ... did the update anyway and it went well
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:01 AM
tox

linuxchrome
Re: Scared to Update Nvidia Blob

it shouldnt have mattered as F16 doesnt have any Newer X-Server yet so you should be fine
Old 2nd April 2011, 06:22 PM
twohot Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Scared to Update Nvidia Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox View Post
it shouldnt have mattered as F16 doesnt have any Newer X-Server yet so you should be fine
Whaaaat? We've moved on and I'm still on the testing grounds. Disabling Rawhide ... We'll do this again when F16 won't bring tears

Tags
blob, nvidia, scared, update