Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th April 2011, 04:43 PM
doesntcount Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
rdesktop resolution/screen real estate issues

Hey there,

Having some rdesktop issues and would love some help/ideas.

I'm running :

Linux nkaun-pc6 2.6.34.8-68.fc13.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Feb 17 15:03:58 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

using rdesktop Version 1.6.0

I have a dual monitor system with one monitor being a widescreen 24" LCD and the other is a 4:3 20".

When I execute rdesktop on the larger monitor, the server side window (running on Windows Server 200 is completely viewable. However, the same rdesktop command on the smaller monitor is much smaller and is not showing the entire server-side screen (start bar is way out of viewable range, for example).

I'm using the geometry flag like this:

rdesktop -g 1024x768 <hostname>

The window on the smaller monitor is sized much, much smaller than 1024x768, but the resolution looks approximately correct. So I'm convinced it's simply a client-windows-sizing issue specific to the one monitor.

Has anybody experience something like this before? Or have any ideas for an rdesktop work around? Thanks for the help.

Tags
estate, issues, rdesktop, real, resolution or screen

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search