Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 15th April 2011, 06:51 PM
km580118 Offline

windows_7chrome
How to access shared folders in Virtual Box(Host OS is Windows7 and Guest OS -Fedora)

Hi,

I am trying to access shared folders in Virtual Box with Host OS being Windows7 and Guest OS is Fedora. Did anyone face a similar problem? I have been going through many solutions but none of them worked out. I am able to keep the required folders in Shared Folders making them Auto-Mount and Permanent. I tried to install Guest Additions from Devices, but I am not sure how to install the Guest-Additions software in Fedora. Please let me know how to proceed so that I can access files in my shared folder. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:16 PM
bodhi.zazen Offline

unknownunknown
Re: How to access shared folders in Virtual Box(Host OS is Windows7 and Guest OS -Fed

Normally you would install the guest additions in the guest (fedora) not the host (windows).

Honestly, with all the hassle involved with shared folders, I personally either use a flash drive to transfer files or a network protocol, ie samba .

What how to are you following ? Normally setting up shared folders is rather trivial (it is relative to how new you are to linux).

http://www.sysprobs.com/setup-virtua...ders-fedora-14

Tags
access, boxhost, fedora, folders, guest, shared, virtual, windows7