Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st April 2011, 06:37 AM
borra Offline

macosfirefox
DVD RW under KVM guest

Hi,

I'm using Fedora 14 with KVM/QEMU virtualization.
I have created a XP guest that is working fine.
However it cannot recognize the DVD-RW that I have available for the host. It can only mount a read-only DVD (/dev/sr0).
If I open the details for the guest VM I cannot untick the read-only box that I can find under the storage options (it is grayed out).
Is there any way I can mount this DVD as a rewritable media?

I was able to do this using Virtual Box and passthrough. I could not find anything about this under KVM (only PCI passthrough that is not an valid option).

Regards,
Radu B.

Tags
dvd, guest, kvm

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guest Additions Fedora Guest/Windows Host pythagorean Guides & Solutions (No Questions) 0 17th October 2010 08:06 PM
Installing guest additions Virtualbox Fedora 13 guest heffo_j Guides & Solutions (No Questions) 5 16th August 2010 08:44 PM
F11 32bit as guest on F11 64bit: guest additions? kto Using Fedora 1 26th July 2009 04:48 PM
Samba Guest Account with Password of 'guest' andy_ Servers & Networking 8 18th March 2009 12:17 AM
Virtualbox: I can connect to linux guest but not to xp guest yersin Servers & Networking 1 11th December 2008 05:14 PM

Current GMT-time: 11:14 (Saturday, 01-11-2014)

TopSubscribe to XML RSS for all Threads in all ForumsFedoraForumDotOrg Archive
logo

All trademarks, and forum posts in this site are property of their respective owner(s).
FedoraForum.org is privately owned and is not directly sponsored by the Fedora Project or Red Hat, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Term of Use | Posting Guidelines | Archive | Contact Us | Founding Members