Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd June 2011, 07:00 AM
adring Offline

macossafari
Angry F15 gnome-tweak-tool crashes all the time

I've just installed F15 over the weekend, and since then I've been having stability issues - primarily it seems to be related to gnome 3 (I've used fedora since its early days, and have never had such stability issues in the prior versions).

Basically, when I use gnome-tweak-tool to make a modification, the system crashes; and I have to completely shut off the unit (unplug it) for it to even boot up properly. Today, I tried to change one of the options from its default, and now the very top (black bar) won't show. I'm in the "File Manager" mode and can see the "Computer", "home" and "Trash" icons. I can move them about; and click on any of them to open. But once they're open nothing else works (clicking on any of the directories, etc, has no effect). I can ctl-alt-F2; but that's the extent. I deleted the .gconf and .gconfd directories (suggested in a different thread on a similar issue), but that didn't change anything.

How do I bring back the default gnome 3 bar at the top?

Thanks

adrin

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I rebuilt my user account from scratch (that was the fastest approach for me). Nevertheless, gnome-tweak-tool does crash (for example, each time I turn on "File Manager"). This is clearly a bug. I'm using nvidia GTX 480; the problem might somehow be related to the card/driver

adrin

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I definitely spoke too early I logged out of my account; logged back in, and the top bar is gone again and I'm left with having to deal with this again. This is really frustrating!

adrin
Old 23rd June 2011, 03:02 PM
fpmurphy Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: F15 gnome-tweak-tool crashes all the time

What g-t-t option did you use to cause the top bar to disappear?

Last edited by fpmurphy; 23rd June 2011 at 03:06 PM.

Tags
crashes, f15, gnometweaktool, time