Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th June 2011, 09:10 AM
synic Offline

linuxopera
Best Linux Webcam - Suggestions??

Hi all,

Just wanting peoples two bits worth on the webcam's they have working in Linux / Fedora 15 and their impressions on how they perform.

Currently I have a Logitech Pro 9000 v1. It works ok BUT full HD (2MP?) video is only supported via WindoWzzz software leaving equivalent performance in Fedora lagging a bit in comparison. I use it in Skype Version 2.2.0.35 (beta) and video quality is improved over the previous version of Skype so obviously Skype has some software that runs the webcam directly??
Old 4th July 2011, 12:29 PM
bpgjohn Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Best Linux Webcam - Suggestions??

im using fusion 14 and all i had to do was install cheese,with other distros ive had to install jasper to use my cam

Tags
logitech, skype, video performance, webcam