Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th July 2011, 03:13 AM
Diametric Offline

windows_xp_2003chrome
User account creation

Hello,

I have a remote server that I use to create rpms. I did not install/configure this box, but I need to figure out how to create multiple "makerpm" style users. Meaning, when I ssh into that box to work on an rpm I su to the makerpm user. However, I wish to add other makerpm users like devrpm or coderpm etc...

Currently, my makerpm user requires no pass word to su to. A simple su makerpm logs me into that account. I wish the other makerpm type accounts to also not require a password - despite ant perceived security issues. I've reviewed the fedora rpm wiki and do not have an issue with the info there....I just can't figure out how to add multiple, nonpassword required users.

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I've also check:

Code:
cat /etc/passwd | less
And the current rpmbuild account doesn't seem to have anything unique...still trying to figure out how to pull this off...

Cheers..
Old 25th July 2011, 03:12 PM
Miikka Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: User account creation

Try this
Code:
passwd -uf username
It should remove password from username.

And to first create a user:
Code:
useradd username
See 'man useradd' if you need some special thingys for your users.
Both commands need to be ran as root.

Last edited by Miikka; 25th July 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Tags
account, creation, user