Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th July 2011, 02:34 PM
neilmw1 Offline

linuxchrome
Acer W500 Touchscreen Issue

Hi, hoping someone can help with this!

I've installed Fedora 15 on an Acer W500 touchscreen tablet. Everything is installed and working as it should be except for the touchscreen which sometimes works for a minute or two, but mostly doesn't do anything at all.

I have a docking station for it, so I can use the built in mouse and keyboard but it's a pain having to keep it in this configuration all the time.

I've done an xinput -list and can see the touchscreen listed and active, it also shows up when I run lsusb. The xorg.0.log file shows the touchscreen loading correctly (no warnings or errors). I am not sure if there is any other way I can debug/test whether anything is happening?

The only times the touchscreen seems to work is for a minute or two if I resume from sleep, then it either goes back to sleep or just stops responding to touch. I've tried messing with .fdi files and altering the xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf file a little, but most guides online refer to the xorg.conf file which I don't have.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks

Tags
acer, touchscreen, w500